Thursday 17 January 2013

first impressions

      So this is hello. The awkward first post of an unknown, first time blogger in her tiny corner of the internet. I won't promise anything ground-breaking nor will I attest to being the authority on...well anything, but I'm going to be me- so there's that. So who is this, "me?" 
      My name is Jessica. I'm a 23 year old new mom and (even newer) fiancĂ©e  I live in down town Ottawa with my little family in an even littler two bedroom apartment over a convenience store. I've been a nanny and tutor for the past two and a half years and am a certified elementary school teacher. The fiancĂ© is Mark; a server/bartender and father extraordinaire. The baby is Abigail; a four month old redhead with a smile that melts our hearts. 
     So what will I offer you in terms of reading material? Hopefully I will blog about being a young mom, planning a wedding, personal goals, do-it-yourself projects, recipes, fashion and family outings. I am starting this blog to share with my friends and family who live across the country; babies grow fast, and I don't want them to miss a thing! That being said, expect posts that are rough around the (blogging) edges, photo- heavy and wobbly at first. If baby giraffes can't walk perfectly when first born, why should my first posts be perfect, insightful and hilarious right away? Please give me some time to get my blogging legs sorted out. 
-------


This is me at 30 weeks in Abigail's nursery


This handsome man is Mark. I took this picture while we were apple picking on my due date.

    

This is Abigail. 






No comments:

Post a Comment